Assurant Renters Insurance

I purchased Renter Insurance with Assurant via Geico.I've had them for some years now.

A few days ago I went to the store and the bathroom mirror in my apartment had fallin from the wall crashed destroyed a custom make up holder with the make up in the box ruined glass everywhere. Assurant said they covered things falling but it had to be like a tree. I am like are you serious? I am paying for a personal content policy which is everything within the four walls.

I live in an apartment this should be covered!!!!! The adjuster and his supervisor were extremely rude. I wrote the CEO, VP and then went to Twitter and said i wont stop telling people until my claim is paid.

The VP of claims called me back and said your claim will not be paid so stop twitting.Sad.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Didnt fix the solution

Reason of review:
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:
Be fair in paying the claim
Product or service
Renters Insurance
Review category
review #918753

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Assurant? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 24 #1217743 Ottawa, Ontario

I read that you live in an apartment and have renter's insurance. The purpose of renter's insurance is to protect your personal property from loss or damage. If you had reported these items stolen, damaged in a flood, or fire they would have to pay because the landlord's property insurance doesn't cover it. We are landlords and our property insurance only covers the dwelling, not the contents. Therefore our rental agreement specifically advises our tenants that they must purchase rental insurance for their personal property. Time to call the insurance commissioner and file a formal complaint. Call your assemblyman. How would a tree fall inside an apartment. That's laughable.

1 0 Reply

Sep 15 #1213149 Sugar Grove, North Carolina

I think that should be covered by your LANDLORD.Give them a call and see if they will help.

2 0 Reply

Sep 26 #1218672 Irving, Texas

You are correct. If the building is unsafe, it is the landlord's fault.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.